Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ikea Baskets: They Fit!!!

Hi everybody!

Sorry yesterdays post went unwritten...it was a long weekend which I will explain in this weeks project 365 post. I still haven't quite caught up on my sleep and have had more then a few reasons to be a little stressed/overwhelmed in the past week! However, today let's talk about something I am totally in love with... my new bookcase!

When we last left off with this little project I had just ordered baskets from Ikea. I had searched everywhere for bins to fit in these cubbies and when I ran out of options I broke down and ordered the baskets from Ikea.

Here's how it looks now:


(Yes I was watching the Bachelorette last night)

So I chose to purchase six baskets because I actually have two matching baskets in my closet that are holding other items right now. If I do decide to use all eight I have them but for now I'm happy with the way six baskets looks!


On the right side of the shelf I store some of my completed scrapbooks. It is so nice to be able to keep them out on a shelf, rather than stored away!


On the left side I have a few more scrapbooks and my coupon binder. My coupon binder is just on this shelf temporarily, but it doesn't look too bad there.


Starting on the top from right to left (which I know is weird- I should go left to right, but oh well!). This basket holds my electronics. Cords, electronic duster, light bulbs, batteries, etc.


Next is extra gifts. These are gifts I bought on sale and want to give people, but don't have a particular person in mind. I will hold onto these as spare gifts if I need them.



Next is health and first aid. In here I have my prescription medicine, contact solution, bandaids, and couponed medicine.


The last basket on the top row is for extra office supplies. Pencils, pens, markers, notebooks, etc all end up in this basket!



In the bottom left basket is the free tools I receive from Harbor Freight and other tools I might have around. I may use these for gifts or use them myself.


Finally, the bottom right basket holds my couponed makeup and other cosmetic items. These are all items that haven't been opened yet and I could potentially use as gifts, or I may use as a back up for myself!

So this shelf holds a ton of items which is great. I love being able to hold a combination of my stockpiled items and other day to day items on one shelf!

I am totally in love with my new set up! =)

Have you made any changes to your house lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment