Monday, June 23, 2014

Rachel's Bridal Shower!

Yesterday was a beautiful day here and an extremely special day, it was my best friend Rachel's bridal shower! This day had been in the works for months, Rachel's mom, her sisters and I have been planning for it for a long time!

The event took place in Mystic CT at Latitude 41 (which is located at Mystic Seaport) and was set up outside under a tent. 





I arrived early (obviously) and hurried around setting up an index card at each place setting. I had each person write down what they thought the recipe to a perfect marriage was and gave them to Rachel on a binder ring when we left the shower. 



When we arrived we spent time socializing with everyone, followed by a delicious lunch. There were multiple options for everyone which was great, including a delicious pasta. I cleared my plate of course!


After everyone ate, we played a few games I had planned and then Rachel opened gifts.



I am extremely lucky to have a great group of girls in Rachel's bridal party because when it was time to open gifts, we managed to get it done in 45 minutes! I gave everyone a job and we had quite an assembly line going. There were people collecting trash, organizing gifts, removing cards from envelopes, picking out the next gift, while I was busy writing down all the gifts in a notebook.


After gifts, we spent some time posing for pictures and then eating cupcakes until the party officially ended!


It was a great day with delicious food, amazing company and a beautiful bride-to-be!

I wanted to share a couple of the games I prepared for the shower with you if you are looking for bridal shower party games.


The first game I created was a purse scavenger hunt. I took ideas from several online purse scavenger hunts and pulled 25 items to include on my list.


The second game we played I named "he said, she said"

I asked Rachel and her fiancé Ant five questions each and then took eight quotes from them out of context. This was a great game because they said some pretty mushy-gushy stuff which made it fun to guess who said what!

Of course I handed out prizes to our two winners. I brought two candles as prizes as well as a "mystery bag" where I put a few cosmetic items I've received couponing inside.

I've been waiting to share these details with you guys for such a long time- and I have more wedding-related blog posts in the works as I participate in Rachel's wedding this summer as well as Brittni's wedding this fall. Exciting things are happening around here!

How was your weekend? Did you have any special events?


2 comments:

  1. An exceptionally mainstream excellence pattern nowadays is bogus lash augmentations. It is smarter to go for lash upgrade two weeks before the big day with the goal that you can have sufficient opportunity to fix if there emerge any hypersensitive responses.
    Makeup artist London

    ReplyDelete