Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Cleaning Series- Completing my Monthly Cleaning Chores

As part of my spring cleaning series this week, I'm here to share the list of chores I generally complete to make everything a little cleaner for spring! I have shared before my cleaning checklist and generally I complete these task several times a year, if not every week. 

Since I was on a spring cleaning rampage on Saurday I completed a bunch of these tasks in one day, rather than dragging them out over several.

First things first, when I woke up in the morning, I stripped my bed and separated all the sheets, blankets and comforter into piles and started the washer before heading to work.





I also made sure that all my towels were cleaned and any leftover laundry that needed to be done was thrown in as well.

While I was waiting for all that to finish, I cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom. Toilet, shower, sink, mirrors, floor, etc....

I vacuumed the upstairs and took out the trash and recycling. I scrubbed the inside of my trash can with a cleaning wipe.

It was an extremely productive day.

I've compiled a Spring Cleaning List if you are interested in completing your own spring cleaning- it is that time of year after all! =)



Ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist

  • Clean linens and blankets
  • Remake bed
  • Launder all towels
  • Clean bathroom sink area
  • Wash bathroom mirrors
  • Clean shower from top to bottom
  • Clean toilet
  • Swiffer bathroom floor
  • Launder bedroom rugs
  • Vacuum entire space
  • Wash inside of trash can with wipes or soap and hot water
  • Sort out and donate/sell clothing
  • Dust all furniture 
  • Dust ceiling fan
  • Wipe walls and ceilings down
  • Clean food stains in refridgerator and throw out expired foods
  • Remove expired food in pantry
  • Clean out expired medicine and first aid supplies
  • Backup computer files
  • Use electronic wipes to clean tv, computer, etc
  • Dust lighting fixtures
  • Rotate mattress
  • Sanitize door knobs and light switch plates

Those are just a few things that I will be completing in addition to what I have already completed. I also hope to sort through other items and get some donations out of my house!

Happy Spring cleaning everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment