Sunday, October 28, 2012

100 Years..

Today was an eventful Sunday! My parents asked me if I wanted to go on a walk with them this morning and at first I planned on only taking a leisurely stroll with them for 2/3 miles, but changed my mind and decided to get my 5K training plan out of the way..


Today consisted of:
5 minute warm up walk
5 minute run
3 minute walk
6 minute run
3 minute walk
5 minute run
5 minute cool down walk

It was neither horrendous or wonderful- but I did it! I especially LOVE the quote that was on the program today, "You are much stronger today than you were only 1 month ago". That is completely true- one month ago I had trouble running for 2 minutes straight now I'm running for 6! For me that's incredible! =)

After I finished my run- I ended up stretching while waiting for my parents to finish their walk- and then we headed over to Dunkin Donuts for some breakfast.



Yum! One of my favorite breakfast- a plain bagel with butter and small iced extra extra.


Check out how gorgeous it was today with all the leaves on the ground...I love fall!

This afternoon I headed off with my family to my great grandma's 100th birthday! This was the first 100th birthday I've ever been to- I don't know how many people have ever been to one. All of my extended family was there and it was a great day to celebrate!









After the party, we went to Mystic Pizza for appetizers and drinks with my cousins, uncles, and papa- it was a great time! 

I just found out that I don't have work tomorrow and most of the schools/business in the area are closed in preparation for the hurricane. So tomorrow will be a nice day off! =)

Hope everyone stays safe if you're in the hurricane's path and if you're not- I hope the start of your week is great! =)

Have you ever been to a 100th birthday party for anyone?
Do you hope to live to 100?

My answer to the 1st question is pretty obvious as you can see in the above post. I'm not sure if I want to live to 100. I think that it will depend on how long my friends and family live! I wouldn't want to be alone for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment