Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 2, Day 1: 5K FItness Training!

Checking in a little later then normal today for a few reasons... I went to bed planning to wake up early and get my run out of the way first thing before work. However, I spent half the night getting up to pee!
I seriously must've drank a TON of water yesterday because I kept waking up!

I know that's probably too much info for you guys but my personality is pretty open =)

So I headed off to work, taught some classes and then had to drive through town to run a few errands. Errands make me feel old and boring- side effect of turning 24 I suppose...

Within seconds of arriving home I transferred my iPhone into my new running armband and headed off on my Week 2, Day 1 Fitness Training!


I love my new Belkin armband. I purchased it at FYE yesterday and at first it felt really bulky on my arm and I wasn't sure I would be able to handle it but then once I started running it didn't bother me at all. I really liked that I was still able to use my phone to change the songs and adjust the volume but my phone was much more protected then it has been during previous runs. I had previously been carrying my phone in my hand while running and I was always afraid I was going to let go and throw it by accident, so it's definitely much safer in this case.

My workout today looked like this:

My runs are getting a little bit longer every time, but I think that tomorrow I will be running again. I need it to become a habit and I don't want running to be hard for me anymore. I looked ahead at the upcoming workouts through the next 6 weeks, it's hard to believe that on week 8 I will be running for 35 minutes straight. It honestly feels incredibly daunting at the point in my training. It will certainly be an adventure!

For lunch today I enjoyed a plate full of my mom's spinach lasagna I promised to show you yesterday:


Messy but delicious! One of my favorite meals!

What are your favorite meals? (healthy or not)

Besides spinach lasagna I love penne alla vodka, steak, chicken, alfredo, and many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment