Thursday, January 17, 2013

Little Projects...

Lately I've been doing a lot of little organization projects around the house just trying to tidy things up and of course I've taken pictures to share with you all!

The first area I wanted to tackle was my closet. I decided I wanted to keep track of the clothes I've been wearing and figure out what items I'm not wearing in order to donate them. I thought about turning all my hangers around backwards and as the I wore items turning the hangers back around but honestly the OCD inside of me was freaking at the thought of hangers not all facing the same direction! I know, I know- I'm a crazy person. I had a bunch of those little post-it flags hanging around that I will never ever use. I don't use them to mark pages or anything so I thought why not use them to mark the hangers of clothes I haven't used yet?


So that's what I did! Above, you can see a closer version of how I hooked the flags around each hanger. Below, you can see a more zoomed out version of all the flags on my hangers. As I wear the items I will be taking the flags off.


I also decided to start making card books similar to those I have seen on Pinterest. So I started sorting all of my cards....


I weeded out the cards that I had saved about a year ago. I had literally filled an entire box of cards I received and needed to get rid of a bunch so I tossed the cards that weren't particularly meaningful to me. I only kept the cards that a personal, meaningful message inside or ones that reminded me of a special person or time. So I sorted through those cards, sorting them into piles: Birthday, Thank you, Christmas, Valentines Day, etc...


Saving cards is so much easier now with these little books. I can flip through and read the cards, and they are much easier to find then sorting through a whole box of cards!

I also sorted and reorganized our downstairs bathroom drawers...


The before picture is above, and after picture is below. Corralling smaller items inside the bin made much more sense then using it for the bigger items that were in there. I put all the bandaids inside of one box rather than in several boxes and just rearranged the drawer so it made more sense and looked more pleasing to the eye!



The second drawer's before picture is above and the after picture is below. Looks much more organized then before huh? Simply moving items around between the two drawers made such a huge difference!


I love organizing small areas because they are such a quick turnaround. If the area around me is organized I feel upbeat and positive. Organizing areas like these ones helps turn my whole mood around and make me feel accomplished....

Try it and let me know how it goes and how good it makes you feel!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've done your closet!! can I hire you to do mine please?? It's an absolutely disaster!

    ReplyDelete