Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June Birchbox Review

I was really excited when I received my Birchbox this month and couldn't wait to try everything that was inside!


First up is the Davines shampoo which I didn't love. It made my hair feel all tangly! I liked it in combination with the conditioner and treatment, but on it's own I definitely wasn't a fan!


I was a little bummed that I received Mod in Manhattan a white nail polish when there were other nicer colors that were sent in peoples boxes.



I tried wearing it in two different ways, plain with nothing but two coats of the polish and then after a day I added Sally Hansen blue crackle polish on top of it. It was nice to see that I can use it with a top coat and create a totally different look. While this polish is certainly not something I would have picked off the shelf for myself, it is definitely an asset to my nail polish collection.



I was actually very excited to try the Something Blue perfume, but was quickly disappointed once I got a whiff of it. It smells like old lady! To me anyways. I couldn't even finish this tiny little sample up. I was done!


I tried this Suki cleanser in the shower and tried to use it as gently as possible on my sensitive skin. It is a sugar scrub and seems like it could really hurt sensitive skin. I was excited to see that I didn't break out from this product and will continue to use it until the sample is gone. I'm not sure that I would repurchase it however because I do like cream cleansers much better because I don't have to worry about scraping my skin!


I loved this Davines conditioner, it smelled so nice and I wish that I had gotten a bigger sample of it. In fact if the conditioner and shampoo sample sizes could have been switched that would have been fantastic. I mean who uses more shampoo than conditioner? Not me, I am so the other way around.



I didn't notice any difference in my hair by using the Davines beautifying potion. I was hoping it would be wonderfully smooth or frizz free or something but unfortunately it wasn't!



I'm still not sure what to do with these postcards...perhaps put them in my postcard scrapbook?! I'm not sure yet!

What products have you loved lately? What products have you hated?

No comments:

Post a Comment