Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blog Organization Binder

Hey everyone!

Today I wanted to share a project I had been thinking about for some time. I hinted towards this project during Tuesday's post  but wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do entirely at that point. I took some time yesterday to jot down a list of ideas and came up with something that I think will work for now.

Without further ado- here is the project I want to share with you today....




I recently decided to start a "Blog Binder" for this little blog project of mine. I have been investing quite a bit of time into this baby and thought that it was about time that I started getting everything organized for it.

Also, as this blog grows, there is so much more to keep track of. I have so many ideas constantly popping into my head for posts and I have ended up writing them on my regular to-do lists and it is far too confusing. I am ready to have a place solely dedicated to this blog.

So first off, I took my new Staples Better Binder (which are by far my favorite binders on the planet- because I'm a nerd and actually have a favorite binder...) and created a simple cover page and a spine label.

Then I gathered some extra dividers that I had hanging around and created eight different sections.


My sections are as follows: Calendar, Blog Topics, Income-Cash, Income- Products, Printables, Reader Questions, Birchbox, and Empties.

I may create more sections as the blog adapts, changes, and my projects get bigger, but for now these will work.

The first section is the Calendar:


I have a blank calendar for each month and as I write posts (or have an idea of when I will be posting a certain post) I write it down in the calendar for that month. That way I can keep track of what days I have posts uploading and make sure that my content is making it onto the blog!

My next section is all about future blog posts. This is where I can jot down any ideas I have for the blog.


Sorry but this section is definitely top secret! It contains ideas that have just flown into my mind, and also ideas that other people may have given me or requested!

The next section is Income- Cash



For this section I used Sam's printable (if you haven't seen Sam's blog, Simply Organized, you are seriously missing out- definitely my favorite blog of all time!) She created a printable to keep track of blog income by month.


The same is true for my next section, Income-Products. I used Sam's printable to keep track of any products earned through this blogging venture.

 The next two sections, I don't have pictures to share because I haven't done anything with them yet. Printables is completely empty at the moment. My plan is to start creating my own printables for this blog and offer them to you, my readers! As I develop each printable, I will print a copy and keep it in this section for my records.

Then in the reader questions section, that is where you come in! If you have a question and leave it in the comments, I will be jotting it down in here so I can do a post where I will be able to answer your question!

Birchbox, is where I will keep track of all the products that come in my Birchbox and my thoughts on them so I can share that with you each month. I usually just wrote this information down on a piece of paper and threw it away afterwards, but this way I know where that paper is!


Empties is where I keep track of all the beauty products I have used up throughout the season. You can see on this paper, I have titled it fall empties and then blurred out all the products I have written down so far...no sneak previews!



Finally, in the front of the binder, I will be starting to keep track of my blog statistics. This printable is also from Sam at Simply Organized, and I want to use it to keep track of how much this blog grows throughout the next year. I will be starting this in January.


For now my Blog Binder lives in between My Organization Binder and My Coupon Binder.




If you are a blogger, do you have a Blog Binder? How do you organize it? I would love to hear!




2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea. I'm using a notebook for my blog now, but a binder is a great idea! I'm hosting a giveaway for two great pillow covers that you should enter. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/11/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I love using binders because then it so much easier to add papers in as needed!

    I will definitely head over to your blog and check it out right now!

    ReplyDelete